How to integrate and use QuickBooks with Zuper?
Zuper is integrated with QuickBooks Online to make your accounting and inventory management go hand-in-hand. With this seamless integration.
Insight: This help document is applicable to QuickBooks Online.
With this integration you can:
- Sync all your contacts, accounts & inventory from Zuper to QuickBooks.
- Upon creating Quote/Invoice in Zuper will be synced with QuickBooks.
- You must have an active account with QuickBooks Online.
- You cannot connect multiple QuickBooks organizations to your Zuper account and vice versa.
- Ensure that the base currency of both these organizations is the same.
- Make sure the Zuper account used for API key generation and for syncing Customers, Products, Estimates and Invoices is not used for any other configuration/Integration/Usage.
Set up QuickBooks Online integration with Zuper
Integrating Zuper with QuickBooks Online is a simple and straightforward process.
- Log in to your Zuper account.
- Navigate to the App Store on the sidebar.
- Choose Accounting & Payments from the side menu.
- Select QuickBooks & Click the Install QuickBooks button.
- You will be redirected to QuickBooks Online sign-in page. Enter your credentials to proceed with the integration.
- Once you sign in to QuickBooks, if you have multiple organizations, you need to select the organization you want to connect with Inventory.
- After selecting an organization, click Connect to complete the integration.
Zuper App Configure
- Once you have connected with QuickBooks, you will be redirected to your Zuper account to configure the integration.
- Here, you need to configure the settings to sync the Zuper modules with QuickBooks.
- To create the Zuper API refer to the article (How do I create an API Key for my Zuper account?).
Note: It is mandatory to enter Zuper API Key for Integration to perform smooth.
- Sync Services & Products (Mandatory) - By selecting the option as "Yes" inventory will be syncing 2 -ways from Zuper - QuickBooks and vice versa. If "No" is selected inventory items won't be synced between Zuper & QuickBooks.
- Sync Invoice Status (Mandatory)- Upon selecting the status for the invoice in zuper, we trigger the sync to create a similar invoice in QuickBooks without any duplication. If the status is selected as "All" upon creating the invoice in zuper immediately sync will be triggered and the invoice gets created in QuickBooks.
- Identify Customer By (Mandatory) - Upon selecting the below option, at the time of syncing the customer information with QuickBooks, it checks and updates/create the customer.
- First Name
- Last Name
- First Name & Last Name (Recommended)
- Default Tax Agency (In QuickBooks) - Copy Past/Past the "Default tax Agency" from QuickBooks, if available.
- Sync Failed Email - Upon sync failed error message will be emailed to the given ID's.
Default Payment UID - To get the "Payment UID". Click "CRTL+Shift+J" and copy/paste the below code,
var scope = angular.element(angular.element($(".hbox"))).scope();
console.log("Payment Provider Name: ", p.payment_mode_name);
console.log("Payment Provider UID:", p.payment_mode_uid)
- Estimate/Invoice ID - Upon Selecting the "Zuper ID / QuickBooks ID", this will be updated in QuickBooks under the field name "Estimate / Invoice No".
Identify Customers in 'Zuper - QuickBooks'
- Upon selecting the below option, at the time of syncing the invoice/estimate with QuickBooks, it checks and create the invoice for the right customer.
Customer Display Name
- Sync Customers (Mandatory)- Upon selecting the option as "Yes" whenever a new customer is created in zuper will be synced with the QuickBooks customer module automatically. If the option is selected as "No" sync between Zuper & QuickBooks for customer sync will not execute.
- Sync Estimate (Mandatory)- Upon selecting the option as "Yes" whenever a new estimate is created in zuper will be synced with the QuickBooks estimate module automatically. If the option is selected as "No" sync between Zuper & QuickBooks for estimate sync will not execute.
- Quickbooks Plan (Mandatory) - The product type is allowed as “Service” only for the Essentials plan in QuickBooks. If other than the “Essentials” plan, the product type
can be “Inventory or
- Custom Field Mapping -The data flows from Zuper Custom fields to QuickBooks Custom fields from the Invoice.
The format of custom field mapping is :QBField1,ZuperField1;QBField2,ZuperField2
Note: The custom field support from QuickBooks is limited to three; if we add more than three custom fields, the data sync will not happen.
Display Name Format - From Zuper account for the invoices and estimates the customer name sync to QuickBooks happens based on the dropdown options:
First Name, Last Name (Default)
Last Name, First Name
Based on the preference chosen, the name sync happens.
QuickBooks Integration Account Configure
- Sign In to the QuickBooks Online account and click the below link based on the account signed-the in. Then click the "Switch Now" button.
- QuickBooks Live Account - https://app.qbo.intuit.com/app/categorymigration
- QuickBooks Staging Account - https://sandbox.qbo.intuit.com/app/categorymigration
Go to Accounting -> Chart of Accounts and make the following changes to the below 3 accounts:
Name: Inventory Asset
Account Type: Other Current Assets
Detail Type: Inventory
Name: Cost of Goods Sold
Account Type: Cost of Goods Sold
Detail Type: Supplies & Materials - COGS
Name: Sales of Product Income
Account Type: Income
Detail Type: Sales of Product Income
- Go to Taxes and choose whether your tax is Annual, Monthly or Quarterly.
How to integrate and use Google Calendar with Zuper?
With our Zuper-Google Calendar integration, the user can install the Google Calendar from our Zuper store. Then, post-installation, whenever the jobs are created and scheduled for a particular date, this vital job information will be created and ...
How to integrate and use Freshdesk with Zuper?
With Zuper’s first-class integration with Fresh desk, it seamlessly helps to push the Freshdesk tickets to Zuper for deliver an exceptional customer experience. You can create Job from Freshdesk ticket with a bi-directional sync. The three major ...
How to integrate and use RingCentral with Zuper?
With the RingCentral integration, the end customers sitting in the back office can connect their cloud telephone to answer incoming and outgoing calls and receive and send SMS directly from the Zuper web app. Note: The RingCentral widget does not get ...
How to integrate and use Zendesk Support with Zuper?
The Zendesk-Zuper integration helps the user connect the Zendesk support tickets with Zuper. The bi-directional data flow based on the settings allows the user to update the ticket details on both Zendesk and Zuper. We are going to see two different ...
How to integrate and use Square with Zuper Mobile App?
Square is a point-of-sale system that allows merchants to accept credit and debit card payments through a mobile app or card reader device. It is known for its user-friendly interface, fast deposits, and affordable transaction fees. And now, you can ...